View Single Post
Old 06-20-2023, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDB View Post
I figured I'd share this with this community. I had a dream last night that featured Christine. She knew she was dying (not within days, but perhaps months) and was having a gathering at a small house that was essentially a listening and viewing party of some of her music. I was invited along with a couple dozen other people. I assumed she was going to play just the popular songs and hits, so just before the music started, I kindly asked if she would please play just one previously unreleased track. She gave me this knowing smile and didn't answer me directly.

She had an assistant helping with the actual mechanics of playing everything. When the music started, it was virtually all rare and unreleased music, including many collaborations with largely unknown artists and some musical styles you'd never imagine her having anything to do with. For example, one song was a bit of an alternative/experimental/New Romantic-type track (think 80s Depeche Mode). She wasn't the main artist on the song but was providing some vocals.

At one point they started a video and I recognized the outfit she was wearing in it -- it was from the Love Will Show Us How music video. I thought it was a behind-the-scenes/making-of video of the making of that music video. It wasn't. It was a bit behind-the-scenes, but it was another completely unreleased song that could have fit on her 1984 album.

It was a fun dream.

I’m so happy you shared and that she is on our brains. This is how she remains in our lives….xoxT