View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
It's something that's never been discussed but I doubt Mick has any regrets about reuniting the Rumours group over potentially doing another album with Billy, Bekka and Dave. I've never heard or read anything from Bekka or Billy about any bitterness at the time. I'm sure there was to some degree but I think they also understood and accepted their "place" in the band's history. Both have always spoke glowingly about their time in Fleetwood Mac and seem to be grateful that they have a role in the band's legacy. It's a shame that that period is looked on as being a "dark time" as opposed to a change that gave the band a different flavor. All three are great talents who deserve more respect.
Bekka & Billy were already planning their duo record when Mick disbanded Fleetwood Mac. Dave Mason was going to sue, although he said that the Rumours reunion was inevitable.

Remember, when that lineup was put together, Mo and Lenny were still at Warners and The Eagles hadn’t done Hell Freezes Over. There was no frame of reference for the Rumours lineup reuniting beyond a one-off for an incoming president. By the time of its release, Mo and Lenny were out, Christine retired, Bekka & Billy were heading to Nashville, and Mick was working with Lindsey. Time got buried because the new brass at Warner’s didn’t want to waste resources promoting a new Fleetwood Mac when they could do the big reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins