View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes bwboy, he did not say "tank" but said it would not have been a hit.
No, I didn’t. I said it likely wouldn’t have been a top five hit. “Everywhere” wasn’t a top five hit and it’s a great, radio-friendly pop song, too.

Quote:
Steve makes ridiculous assumptions that somehow Lindsey leaving spiked Tango sales.
It spiked interest in the band in general.

Quote:
Sales slowed in both countries. Having the biggest hit chart from the album would naturally spike album sales, no?
But, again, the single was released during a moment of intense interest in the band because of its internal drama, which the video fed into.

Quote:
On another note, go back and play your albums from the late 80s. Where is your favorite Stevie song Talk To Me? First track side 2. Where is Stand Back? First track side 2.
“Behind the Mask?”

“Play in the Rain (Continued)?”

Quote:
With Steve's logic, Sometimes Its A Bitch should have been a smash. The most visible and lead singer of Fleetwood Mac quit the band in anger while releasing it as a single
There wasn’t popular interest in Stevie by that point.

Fleetwood Mac was promoting moderately successful album that had already had a top 5 single when the guy who sang said song quit the band. Less than two weeks after his departure was announced, “Little Lies” and its video were released.

But we’re somehow supposed to believe that had zero bearing on the song’s success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I find it insulting of all the songs in the world anyone would conjure up conspiracies to promote the most radio friendly single song in the world. Steve's argument is Lindsey's departure somehow spiked album sales and made Little Lies a "hit."

Little Lies - Finally Chris releases her pop song greatness and the album rebounds
Two weeks after Lindsey’s departure was announced.

There’s no conspiracy, that’s how it actually played out.

THE Stephen Hopkins