View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Gulp! I probably shouldn’t point out that Steve actually said that Little Lies wouldn’t have been a top 5 hit, not a hit in general. I don’t mean to play word games, but I think sometimes in your attempt to make your point, you unintentionally misstate what someone else has said, that’s all. I’ve done the same thing myself, in fact most people have. Or we just have differing opinions; for example, I agree Seven Wonders underperformed, but in no way would I say it tanked. Family Man, now that’s a single that tanked. One single made it to the top 20, the other made it to the top 70. Anyway, not a big deal and I certainly don’t mean to tick you off, honest.
Yes it underperformed in the US but tanked in the UK where Tango was a big seller. If you agree that it underperformed then why would you buy into the conspiracy that the best pop song from the album would revive the album both in the UK and the States. I find it insulting of all the songs in the world anyone would conjure up conspiracies to promote the most radio friendly single song in the world. Steve's argument is Lindsey's departure somehow spiked album sales and made Little Lies a "hit." If you go back to the original thread of years ago, that is what he said which is why over the years its a running joke on this board. Warner even did an expensive video for the song when Lindsey was in the band knowing it would be the smash that it was.

Big Love
#5 USA
#9 UK

Seven Wonders
#19 USA
#56 UK (tanked)

Little Lies - Finally Chris releases her pop song greatness and the album rebounds
#4 USA
#5 UK

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-04-2022 at 04:48 PM..