View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree that Say Goodbye was a bold choice of a closer in 2013, definitely. But the song had been performed live before, and by the same lineup that recorded it, and it was from an album that was fairly recent. All Over Again was performed live by a different lineup than the one that recorded it, and was from an album that was almost 20 years old at that point, not to mention the album was their poorest selling album. Those factors are why I think All Over Again was a more brazen choice for a closer. Really, for FM to not end with Songbird was a surprise, because they’re such a creature of habit. I was thrilled they shook up their setlist so much for the last tour, and it sounds like you were, also.
I would've like to have heard Songbird instead of World Turning or Tell Me All The Things. But it was nice to hear All Over Again even though I don't care for the song.
I'm a Classic Five, but more so a Stevie, fan so the 2018 setlist wasn't for me since she sang her usual (Dreams, Rhiannon, Gold Dust, Landslide) and Storms
which I heard ten times on Unleashed. I thought she was going to do Angel because she did Beautiful Child and Sara in 04, Storms in 09, and Sisters in 2013. And I hoped for Love is Dangerous, Freedom, or Affairs of the Heart given Stevie did a late 80s song on the 2014 reunion tour. So when Stevie sang Black Magic Woman, I Got You, and Free Fallin, and when I heard Hypnotized, Don't Dream It's Over, and Tell Me rather than Chris, Billy, or Lindsey songs I felt like I wasn't getting what I paid for.