Thread: Paper Doll
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The difference there is that, to my knowledge, Sandy Stewart wrote the song for Stevie, and Stevie added some additional lyrics, which isn't exactly the same thing as two covers of massive hits that had nothing to do with Stevie.
I agree with you. Stevie's lyric contribution for Seven Wonders was "All the way down to Emmaline".
I consider Everyday, Talk to Me, Sometimes It's a Bitch, Stop Draggin' Stevie songs too. But I don't consider Just Like a Woman or Carousel Stevie Nicks songs because they were released first by someone else. But they are good covers by Stevie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, it's authorship has recently come under question, since the lyrics are much more like something Lindsey would have written and Stevie's never performed the song since early 1975.
It's rather than its?!!! I believe it's a Stevie composition. The talk of listening to your spirit, trying to survive, standing between you and love. It sounds Stevieish.
Stevie said she resents the song because it replaced Silver Springs on the album. I wish she would've dons it with Neil.