View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When Under the Skin came out, Lindsey said that he talks to Christine once a year, which is a lot more than I thought he talked to her anyway. He still fights with Stevie regularly, in the media if not in person. I guess he talks to Mick, whom he thinks is in "cahoots" with Stevie. And, I don't think he talks to John . . .

Stevie thinks that Christine lives in a castle and raises sheep or something. She is funny. Chris said she sometimes emails Stevie.

Quote:
I think they all were more important to each other and cared more about each other than they've ever been willing to admit.
I think that their main problem is that they developed this love for each other, but they never found a way to express it outside of the music. They weren't family. They didn't really choose each other as friends. Yet, they lived on top of each other for years on end and were together more than they were with their families. So, this bond developed and it is familial, but they don't know really know how to express it, in those terms. They have never been able to translate that chemistry that they have musically into their personal lives. So . . .

I don't think the Dance would have happened if they didn't love each other either. Lindsey has compared them to the Eagles and remarked how the Eagles don't have the same caring. Although FM is known for its feuding, I do think they care. Stevie said on that Disney Going Home (I think) that even when it was the worst, it was still like family. I know John has said it was like having 2 brothers and 2sisters and that you're still a family even when you don't see each other.

I remember the first time Chris said she loved Stevie and Lindsey, right after Rumours. It was like it was a revelation to her. She was talking it out and was like, yeah I guess it is love. It seemed to come as a surprise to her.

In the SYW program, Lindsey said something about not having to have been able to admit they loved each other in a very long time. The tensions get in the way and there is hate sometimes and definitely anger, but it fades away and the residual affection abides.

I mean, what do you do when you have feelings for someone, but you really have nothing in common with them except music? They have this shared history and I think a shared sense of humor in many ways, but probably never developed communication techniques, except in song.

Of course, Mick is the exception. Mick is friends with everyone, past and present. As long as you don't sleep with Jenny, he's your pal for life.

Michele