Thread: Hot Topics
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dunno, if you are against Trump's name-calling it doesn't really fit to use name-calling yourself, or criticizing his hair do (or don't as the case might be). I think it just feeds the pointless us vs. them thing, at least to some extent.

I think the U.S. needs at least two parties to continue any claim of democracy. It sure seems like some people totally forget that... I wonder sometimes if what the fanatic wants is one party? Well, that's what the communist countries have, so why don't you just go there? Even as a Canadian I want a healthy and yes, strong, United States, and that means a healthy Republican party and a healthy Democratic party. I used to think maybe you could have used a third party or even a fourth that would stick around, but like gun control, if it hasn't happened at this point then I'd say the people have spoken and chosen. Both Perot and Nader were vilified by different agenda groups, so not gonna happen anytime again soon I'm thinking. So now how do the two parties attract stable maybe boring and middle of the road types that will be able to work with others? I'm thinking the most Canadian preferred prezes you've had would be Eisenhower and on the other 'side' Obama. I suspect though that Obama is too recent to induce yawns and wonder about what the fuss was about, but I predict one day he will be seen as one of your most boringly competent Chiefs. You know, just do the job. Unfortunately I have seen really qualified and boring candidates just don't get very far, big sigh! Bill Bradley lost to Bill Clinton? I never understood that one, how could I possibly comprehend Dubya over McCain or even Reagan over Bush Sr.?

You are a mysterious people, often even to yourselves I think. I am often thrown in with you through friends, family, work, but just because someone seems to represent something I agree with does not mean I am ever going to wave banners, wear hats or buy into the brand all the way. Wherever that kind of thing comes from I am happy to have it stay a mystery. And I still say i think you need better conflict of interest laws, maybe then you could've weeded out wounding candidates like The Hillary and The Donald early on. That I can tell you, believe me.

Well, that's my 1.6 cents Canadian worth for the year. As Bob Dobbs said "Give slack. Get slack." It's still good advice I find.