View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh man....I thought she looked really pretty at the Purple Rain premiere. I must be an 80's girl! [gag!] heh!

Here is a quote I have from a magazine article from Allure 1995:

"Neither Prince nor I is shy to tell the world that we love beautiful things, beautiful fabrics. We can afford to buy them, and we do. He once picked me up at the Minneapolis airport at 9:30 in the morning, and we went to his purple house and recorded a song. He was driving around 120 miles an hour in his purple car, with me in my black chiffon stage clothes, him in his purple suit, purple car. We were going so over the speed limit that I said, "If we get pulled over, we're dead. Because you and I don't look like we're from this planet."

I have also heard often that Prince did always like to speed.

????

Somewhere I have another mention of the Prince thing, and she mentions how long it actually took to get to his house, and how absurdly fast it was. But I can't remember where I heard her say that - on a video clip, or some other article or book I have...???

I do see where she sometimes says one story for one thing (like what a song is about, or some event or situation or whatever), and then I hear her say something completely different. She might just get things confused sometimes. It will happen to all of us as we get into our 40's and 50's! lol! And in her case, she was high for a lot of it. I amsure things just get melted in to other situations. We all sometimes do that. Start to say something and then start correcting ourselves or asking ourselves questions outloud, right while we are telling the story to someone. "It was at Cindy's wedding reception, I remember it like it was yesterday, it was so funny. I was wearing that black dress with the ribbon-y v-neck, and it was so much fun...wait a minute, or did I wear that at New Year's? Or was this whole situation from New Year's...not the wedding....? Damn, I forget....Well anyways, whenever it was, this is what happened, it was a riot, you should have been there...."