View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
did you see Adelie in the 70s/early 80s? I think he upgraded to a bigger one around 1980 or 81 maybe?
I was still living in Arcadia, so this would have been mid to late 70s. Those boat shows often hubbed at the LA Convention Center on Figueroa, but they’d show boats in the slips at Marina del Rey, so you’d hop in your car and drive to the marina to see these wonderful boats and yachts. It was true yacht rock. I used to remember exactly where Adelie was moored. Around that time, Stevie bought her condo in Marina del Rey, near Venice Beach. You could walk right up to the windows from the beach side, which was public at the time. The press always interviewed her in this condo. I think this was the condo that was rocking a little from the surf, which led to her writing the song. Mac fans would always visit the condo before going to see Stevie or Fleetwood at the Forum in those days. You’d run into dozens of people with a noncommissioned Fleetwood Mac T-shirt on (the ones they sold in the parking lots at the arenas), and then everyone would troop over to the venue after a six-pack or some shots on the beach. The fans weren’t quite so weird yet — they weren’t dressing like Stevie yet.

moviekinks.blogspot.com