View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Also, its really odd watching the prequels knowing what is coming. I spent much of the films wondering how they were going to weave certain things into the storyline.
You hit the nail on the head. And honestly, I think that is what doomed the prequels most of all, in regards to the enjoyment and surprises. Yes, we all knew Palpatine would become the Emperor. We knew Anakin would turn to the dark side. We knew he would end up missing limbs are have severe scarification on his head. We knew that Padme would give birth to Luke and Leia and they would end up separated, that the Jedi's would eventually become extinct and Yoda would disappear into hiding...shall I go on? Watching the prequels was almost like watching a historical drama. There aren't any surprises. Every new character introduced (Mace, Jango Fett, Darth Maul, Qui'gon, etc) died within all of their respective movies and didn't give the audience time to care about any of them.

These things, in my opinion, plus uninteresting plot points and less than stellar acting were a huge combination for failure. I have yet to talk to any fellow Star Wars fan who squeals with delight when talking about the Prequels and watches them over and over again.

And here I am once again getting off of the thread topic. Sorry.