View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we've done this a couple times before and I'll go back and look at my list sometime to see how I've evolved. I will say that the early 70's remaster that I keep harping about with bring some of those songs onto this list not to mention the live remaster from early 2021. So here it goes:

10. Sunny Side of Heaven- This song takes you to a beach at either sunrise or sunset and see how beautiful the world is and what an amazing underrated talent Danny Kirwan was. Astonishingly beautiful and Fleetwood Mac never replicated this wonderful song at any time before or since.
9. Gypsy- Along with the other Mirage tracks and outtakes, Stevie's shining moment that she could never live up to since. The song is taken to so many heights by the production, but it is her voice, that carries the song.
8. The Green Manalishi- I totally agree with the guy on the video about this song- Green's best moment ever and like Sunny Side, a style that the band never replicated successfully, although Lindsey did try with So Afraid and Come.
7. Over and Over- A slow build opener for Tusk, entirely intentional I'm sure, and like Mac Fan has said- it carries to the stage better than any other song on Tusk and it's a shame they retired it after the tour. On the album, it captures Christine's voice in the same way that You Make Loving Fun, which is higher on my list.
6. Sentimental Lady- Despite the wonderful Hypnotized, I think this is Bob Welch's best moment with the band- it wasn't the smash single it should've been in 1972, but it stands the test of time and sounds amazing on the remaster.
5. Rhiannon- Most songs on my list are there because of the moment in the band's history and the uniqueness of the song that makes them great. Stevie's signature song which had a sound that was never to be repeated, her voice even evolved over '76 to Rumours which meant that it would never sound like this again. That's ok though, because the live performances took it to a whole level that introduced the world to the amazing Stevie Nicks. Her best song comes later in my list though.
4. Second Hand News- going to crank this amazing song today- it just is so Rumours and sounds fresh everytime it's played, love it. I like it better than Go Your Own Way, which is now a bubbling under song for me, although its a masterpiece.
3. You Make Loving Fun- Christine's best pop song, best written, best arranged and best sung. My favourite Rumours single.
2. Why- I agree it would be sacrilege to leave this masterpiece off the list- McVie's best ballad and like Second Hand News, only in a different way, sounds as fresh today.
1. Silver Springs- I know I'll get laughed off the planet by some with my top choice, but this utterly spellbinding (pun intended), slow building song, is Stevie Nicks best moment of her career. Although the original is my favourite, she knocks it out of the park for the Dance and brings one of the most criminally overlooked songs in the history of the band, if not rock music to its rightful place, where more people hear it and start loving this old song because she loves it too!