View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
All I am saying is that video clips of them playing could have shown up almost as a silent tribute during each song. It could have been 7 seconds. It also would educate the causal fans who these key members were to Fleetwood Mac. Good gosh, Stevie had endless videos of herself in the younger days endlessly streaming behind her during her 24K Gold tour. I just think it would have really been cool. I think I better take over the controls of the production now
I wholeheartedly agree. I think the audience would have enjoyed seeing some old pics or video of the band. Hell even if they had to put Danny, Bob and Peter's names on the bottom of the screen-whatever it still would have been cool.

As for Tom's tribute they showed multiple pics of him, him and Mike, him and Stevie. There's a Consequence of Sound show review I posted in the Chicago thread and the reviewer wonders why Free Fallin was covered instead of Insider, IWRTY or SDMHA. I personally think Stevie's calculation of it being a hit song and therefore the reason to play it was correct. In the parking lot I heard people talking about how cool it was and one girl said she waited all night for them to play it. It was a major sing along.