View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine and John were the only ones I ever really wanted to meet(back in the day). But I was always afraid I wouldn't understand anything John ever said(I can barely decipher anything he says on video- cockney drunken babbling, with almost no enunciation), and having a few bad meeting stars stories already... if Christine were mean to me, it would break my heart.

We have a daily poster here who met her a couple years ago, and she was lovely. But, she's sober and old now... 30 years ago she may have punched me in the face. She was my absolute heroine until age kept Bob Welch out of the rrhof, then when she didn't save Lindsey... she's still my favorite, but she ain't no Superwoman.
I briefly met Christine at a weird celebrity softball game in Encino in early 1987..the game was between Fleetwood Mac and of all groups Motley Crue. Nicks and Buckingham were not there . Mick ,John and Christine were as well as Stevie's ne're do well brother Chris. Most of the fans there were skanky girls there to see Motley Crue. Christine came over and talked to some us fans through the chain link fence and signed a couple of autorgraphs .One friend of mine asked her about the yet to be released Tango and she replied "it's a good album I promise you that ". Then he gave her something to sign and she replied 'uh this isn't a very good pen." Another fan that i did not know gave her some kind of plaque to give to Stevie which she graciously accepted ( and hopefully threw in the trash) Another fan gave her a bumper sticker to which she responded "oh for me'! as if she were surprised someone actually gave her something. I asked her if she was going to play in the softball game and she gave me a kind of withering look. My ex who was there told John " I grew up with you "he did not reply but his expression was priceless. My impression of Christine is that she was cordial and down to earth but would not put up with nonsense

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 02-10-2021 at 01:26 AM..