View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 08:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Y'all know I'm a huge Mac fan - and I'm addicted to this damn series! I came to the Ledge just to see if y'all were talking about it.

The songs are very Buckingham-Nicks lite but I'm here for it. One song gives me shades of "Frozen Love" and another is basically an "If You Ever Did Believe" rip off.

I'm often a cynical bitch, but for some reason Daisy Jones has captured my imagination. The world is tough lately, it's comforting to disappear in an alternate pretend rock and roll universe. Elvis's granddaughter is pretty bad ass.

Sure, many moments are eye-lollingly Fleetwood Mac - but that's what I love about it.

It's interesting - there's multiple interviews that say much of the book/album/show were inspired by the "Silver Springs" video from 'The Dance' - isn't it interesting one of the most popular Mac moments for the younger generation is from a reunion show in the 90s. I remember the chills I got the first time I saw 'The Dance' - glad its securing it's place in pop culture history and inspiring new works today.