Thread: WW or OO?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The musical track of Warm Ways is much better than Over and Over (studio). Mick's soft drumming, Chris's organ, John's thumping and Lindsey's dreamy guitar make it sound like it could have appeared on Bare Trees, Mystery To Me, or Heroes. Its vintage Fleetwood Mac sounding like Sugar Daddy and Over My Head on the White Album. The music track to Over and Over is good but fairly basic and you dont get that dreamy Fleetwood Mac sound. Even the Beatles used to call one of their mystical sounding songs their "Fleetwood Mac song."
Its this sound that attracts me to the song. Its a little dramatic with the lyrics that probably only Christine can pull off ...."You made me a woman tonight" OMG John must have been some lover when the bottles weren't flying across the room

The harmonies on Warm Ways are some of the Mac's best. Best of the White Album for sure. Too many reasons to count why Warm Ways is better than Over and Over (studio vs studio). Sorry Homer. That moderator that banned you for correcting the spelling of Lindsey's name is starting to appeal to me

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-03-2021 at 12:23 PM..