View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
And Johnny, two comments-- 1.) your priest sounds really cool Only a guilty Catholic would feel the need to confess such a personal thing! I'm surprised you did, there was TONS I never told my priest in confession, my major sin was always "I tore a Fleetwood Mac article out of such and such magazine" --every damn time I confessed LOL.

Too funny! As a librarian, I must chastize you for tearing pages out of magazines... but, as a Fleetwood Mac fan, I can't blame you one bit!

Actually, my post was really just meant to get a laugh, and was only partly true. I, being a gentleman, won't say exactly WHICH part is true!

Funny anecdote though... we had a visiting priest once, who announced from the pulpit that he'd be hearing confessions the following Saturday. He said that, being he was from out-of-state and didn't know any of us, now was our chance to confess things we may be uncomfortable confessing to our parish priest... things like infidelity, gambling, pre-marital relations, homosexuality, masturbation, and so on.

I sat there in the pew, at 16, thinking, "I'd sooner burn in hell then confess THAT!"

I think the old coot just wanted to hear all the juicy town gossip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
2.) every time i see your sig now, I break into that song in my head. It was my BIL's wedding song....so pretty. anyway-I'm glad your love has come along.

Thank you so much, Lis.

And it is a great song, isn't it? So perfect for a wedding.