View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree. It all smacks of greed and self-interest. Sadly, there is nothing surprising in this. Since 1976, the core trio of Brits has been obsessed with money, with earning, spending, and/or losing it.

I was horrified to see Mick give up his RRHOF award, not because the award itself is especially meaningful but because of how badly Bob Welch wanted one and how devastated he was not to be included in it. No tact whatsoever.
OMG
I never thought of that angle but YES its pouring salt in that Welch wound again. Who would have guessed that in 24 years after that fiasco that Mick would be selling it to the highest bidder

bwboy: I am not blaming Mick or blaming anyone. I am just saddened at the greed. All the items are theirs so that may sound harsh. They are free to do whatever they want with them. However this band goes far beyond the norm in selling their historic momentos. They should really just create their own Ebay account and sell it themselves for profit. I would have respect for that. But they are using the "rock star auction" tradition to enrich themselves. Not blaming anyone just horrified at their actions. It was tongue and cheek saying Christine was giving him cover. But lets be real, Mick knows he would have been thrown under the bus by the press for doing it himself. So he tried to make it a "Fleetwood Mac" auction. Yet is not, its just 3 members (who IMHO were asked to find something). They realize they are old and their days numbered. Clearly these items need to be found a home by someone who can preserve them. If all the items donated were for charity, they would all get a huge charitable deduction. Yet that was not good enough. Chris has a net worth of at least 65 million. Does she really need a few hundred thousand dollars? Or is there better way to funnel money from a rock star auction to a needy charity? They are free to do it just as I am free to criticize them for it. Having said all that, I think its official. They are done and cashing out. $$$$

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-07-2022 at 04:29 PM..