View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Oh come on now

If Ye won a Grammy and melted it down and flushed it down the toilet you would say the same thing? Its not disrespectful since he still won it. How could you not think its tacky and disrespectful to the RRHOF. Whether you sell it, throw it away, melt it down and flush it, its all the same disrespect IMHO. Why bother to go to the ceremony if you treat their honor and gift with monetary greed. Clearly he thinks the RRHOF is no big deal now because he's not selling his Rumours Grammy. Its just more disrespect to the RRHOF and I hate the RRHOF. But the Mac was one of the first bands to get in so it did mean something back then especially the great lengths Mick went to make sure Bob Welch was not invited.

The record awards are not monetary in my book. Its more ceremony. I think they look so cool hanging on a wall especially today since albums dont really sell anymore. If you don't want such a music honor then donate them to the Hard Rock somewhere.
Well, if Mick melted it and flushed it down the toilet, then yeah, you’re right, that would be disrespectful. But that’s totally different then letting fans bid on it, in my eyes.

I’m curious what you meant when you said FM was one of the first bands inducted into the RARHOF. They were? I thought they had been nominated several times, but were only inducted after the Dance came out.

I also wasn’t aware Mick worked hard to keep Bob Welch from being included. I thought the band took a vote and Lindsey and Stevie were outvoted. Or maybe I am misremembering or read inaccurate information about that. I don’t remember Mick being the mastermind behind the decision to keep Bob free being part of the honor.