View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I would beat him to within an inch of his life if I had been there

As for peoples' opinions of you -- of course the matter to some degree. We all want to be liked on some level. However, learning to keep that want at a reasonable level is hard. How many times have we all gotten all dressed up or prepared in some way for some event and it goes over like a lead balloon. That sucks. In the end, it is hard for people to like you or notice you if you do not like or love yourself. I mean change what you can (weight, hair, dress a certain way, better attitude, etc. ) -- but you are you -- the sooner each of us learns to love that underlying person, the sooner life is IMO easier. And, I know it can be hard to do that when you feel you do not fit in (whatever that means) , etc. That confidence shines through and IMO attracts other people. Fortunately, I am not really one to listen in an greatly significant manner to anyone's drum but my own.

That is if I can stop staring at my own reflection in the mirror long enough to give a shiitte
Haha, that's right. Look in the mirror and say, "Honey, you're all that and a bag of chips."