View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I note that Mick and his ghost writer do not specify that her voice was added to the Everywhere track per se, or that the attempt to do so became the final product.
Yeah, she may have bitched a bit, been allowed to record some backup vocals, split, and then the others listened to it and thought, “We don’t want that on this.”

That’s my hunch about the sessions for Tango. Some people recorded some things during moments of minimal consciousness — namely Mick, Stevie, and possibly even John — and then the production and engineering staff (Lindsey, Christine, Richard, Greg) listened to the results and figured they had better not keep a lot of that alcohol-fueled garbage on the album. I can imagine that certain members of the band listened to the album when it was ready for mastering and wondered why their drug-addled tracks were inaudible. When you’re stoned, it sounds a lot better than it does months later during your brief sobriety.

That’s why I call Tango the Little White Lies album: I can almost hear Lindsey and Chris stuttering a bit and trying to casually tell the others, “Yeah, we looked and looked and we can’t find those tracks,” or “You never actually recorded that — you had a family emergency that day.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com