View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Sounds like wishful thinking, on both counts. Thanks for the quote.
I note that Mick and his ghost writer do not specify that her voice was added to the Everywhere track per se, or that the attempt to do so became the final product. Yes, it can be implied from the context, but maybe the author deliberately used the obfuscatory phrase "album" here instead of "song/track".

If anyone ever detects the layer on which her vocals were mixed into Everywhere, please point it out to me. Maybe she tried adding that "Wanna be with you" part that she ended up singing in the concerts, but it was ultimately gleefully removed from the album mix at Christine's discretion, after the stormy altercation with Stevie had passed.

I could definitely see Stevie's cameo in Little Lies being something that was added in after the fact, to mollify her and avoid the scenario she raised of the truth of her non-participation being found out.
That totally makes sense. The album was released and in stores in April 1987. She showed up January 1987. Thats not much time. We know Welcome To The Room Sara was recorded and probably when the insert of the Little Lies part as added.
This could explain Mick's quote about her voice being "layerd in." Little Lies was probably a finished project and they cut her parts and "layered" them in. It actually worked to have a double backing vocal in some strange way. Little Lies is the only song on the entire album that sounds like an entire group effort. You can hear everyone playing and singing. Sadly its the only track though. I used to hear Stevie on Everywhere and Family Man but I dont anymore after I saw the light

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-30-2022 at 04:36 AM..