View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Interesting: nothing from Gift of Screws

I would have thought Treason would become a new mainstay.
right... Treason has been his mainstay. I would have loved GOS or Underground, but frankly i'm happy he didn't drag TPT back out.

Lindsey Buckingham 5
Seeds We Sow 2
Under the Skin 2
Out of the Cradle 2
Go Insane 1
Law and Order 1
FM 1
Rumours 3
Tusk 1
Tango 1
BuckVie 1

I get the symbolism of Not Too Late and starting with it, while ending with Time, but he should have replaced NTL with Rock Away Blind. how amazing would that opening be?

i would have also loved electric Go Insane back (but would rather not have slow Go Insane), and of course, Trouble show go away once and forever. same with NGBA. it had a purpose on 2018 tour, but it doesn't anymore, and it's been slow and dirgey for multiple tours now. Holiday Road is a crowd pleaser and he could have brought it back.

i miss Slow Dancing, but i'm very very happy about I Must Go and Doing What I can being in the setlist. i'm also ecstatic that Love Is Here To Stay is back, perhaps the most gorgeous love song he ever wrote. since this is his "divorce album" and he made it clear in that recent interview that he does not want a divorce, i like the symbolism of bringing back this love song to his wife.

and the surprise that we got immediately as a first song of the soundcheck - In Our Own Time is back! he dropped it at the last few shows of the 2018 tour, so i'm ecstatic that it's back and it sounds amazing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"