View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Interestingly, when Stevie did Stand Back and Nightbird on Saturday Night Live, all her musicians actually played - and I think Wyzard was there - as the show insists on totally live performances.

Ashlee Simpson famously thought otherwise as we all remember!

The Wild Heart tour had ended so many of those musicians had other contracts and priority. Most important Roy who went back to Bruce to record Born In The USA.

Bob Glaub must have had prior commitments because he played the US Festival which almost was the kick off for the Wild Heart tour. Then Wyzard showed up. I always wondered where he went since Stevie used many of her 1981 solo musicians for 1983. Bob must have had a bigger pay day somewhere or under contract for another group. He almost made the cut for Journey. When Journey fired their bassist, Bob was brought in to play bass on their 1986 album "Raised on Radio". Journey also used Randy Jackson for bass on the album. When it came time for their big tour, Randy got the call and became an official member. I wonder if Bob cared because touring brings a big pay day.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-11-2022 at 06:24 AM..