View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
HUH?!? He wrote "I Can't Drive 55" and the speed limit was raised to 65 within a year or two! The song and video were nearly impossible to escape.
He had a few rock hits and had a good/average career. He was always the opening act for someone. No shame just the facts.

You are joking the speed limit was raised because of him. Surely you can't be serious. I always heard the speed limit was raised because Little Lies stalled on the charts at #1 while Billy Idol leaped frogged to #1. Many angry fans put the medal to the pedal.

Peter Framptom was a solo guy. He would not want to be confined to a group after being a solo guy most of his career and for the superstardom he once had. That is why Rick and Billy fit. They were not washed up former stars. Why would Framptom give up his music to play along to Say You Love Me? I think not. Many would not even want to join for trying to fill Lindsey's shoes and constantly being compared to Lindsey. Add the fact the new members were not creative forces in the band. They were not asked to record a song and make an album. They were just hired to perform on stage. One last point, the Mac would never hire someone like that to overshadow their own band. Framptom Mac? No one would have considered such a move.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-05-2022 at 06:30 AM..