View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

It’s interesting. I don’t know that Lindsey’s incendiary approach will get him back into the band, but I’ve come around to thinking it’s more likely to do so than sucking up to Stevie would. I take the comments from Stevie and Azoff for what they are worth — absolutely zero. They are both concerned about protecting Stevie’s image so she can continue to bank on her icon status with younger people to stay relevant. And that focus on her image may be the only thing that motivate her towards agreeing to any kind of tour with Lindsey. But I think it’s highly unlikely.

I mean I don’t approve of the potshots taken about Stevie’s life or her energy onstage but I can’t dispute the lack of creativity. Her recent stuff has been blah, other than her old songs on 24K Gold, and I mostly didn’t like the production on that anyway.

Has anything come out officially on the economics of touring with Stevie? I’ve seen a couple of blind items saying that she is demanding a large percentage of the profits. At least 2x her old share, possibly to make it too expensive for the others to take Lindsey back but maybe because she can? At what point do the McVies at least decide this nonsense isn’t worth it?