Thread: Red Rocks 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
My honest thoughts: She looks like she is having fun and her vocals, outfit and appearance are really good! I am just jarred by how gingerly she is walking around the stage. Like the Standback twirls are almost embarrassing. I wish she would just wear ballerina flats or something if she is truly afraid of falling. It just honestly does make me sad. I feel like she should just take the twirling out of the set because it’s clunky and frankly “old lady like”. I love her though. I just feel like even Christine was more agil from the video clips from the last FM tour. Her voice though… no!
Those "twirls" during Stand Back were totally embarrassing. I think it's a bit sad that she even feels she needs to do that in her show anymore. The woman is almost 74 years old. I do get it - I'm over 30 years younger than her and I find myself being a bit more careful with walking so that I don't fall (I took a nasty slip in March outside in some mud and landed my rear end on the corner of a retaining wall and have been dealing with the effects of that for 2+ months). She can be an engaging entertainer without trying to do the kind of crap she did on stage 30-40 years ago.

She looks alright and her vocals are serviceable. But her voice continues to lose more and more of what I found enjoyable about her live performances over the years. It's been a downward trend over the last 25 years (really more, but whenever she got that vocal coach.....blah). The little nuances she used to add to her live vocals are gone. She sounds flat and very blah.

I wouldn't go see her and I continue to find her to be a nauseating person, but I'm glad the old gal still is willing and able to get on stage and entertain the fans who do want to see her again or see her for the first time. We are losing the boomer-era rockers more and more every year and the time to see them is limited.