View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil’s song is the entire front line of the current lineup. It’s not just some random grouping of people.

If you want to get all lawyerly, is “Second Hand News,” which doesn’t have John on bass, really a Fleetwood Mac song? What about Lindsey’s “Tusk” and “Tango” songs that clearly do not have those guys? “Landslide,” “Never Going Back Again,” “Songbird,” “The World Keep On Turning,” “The Way I Feel,” and “Forever?” How far do you want to take that? And, on the flip side, is “Warewolves of London” a Fleetwood Mac song? Is “Warewolves of London” more of a Fleetwood Mac than “Second Hand News?”
cute.

i'm not talking lawyerly or objective, or by contract. i'm talking what you always claim is FM to you - Fleetwood and Mac, you usually say, as long as they are there, you'll be there, and it will be FM for you.

for me? Peter Green or Lindsey Buckingham are all that's important in Fleetwood Mac. as long as either one of them is there, i'm good. if neither is there, i couldn't care less.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"