View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx. I'll have to check this out. I love the song and welcome any discussion of it. For me, however, the real thrill of it is the execution of it. Lyrically, it's interesting and cryptic (a read-between-my-lines) kind of thing. Musically, it's a unique mix of folk and "pop" chords.

But the production, the vocal, and the musicianship, are outstanding. It's a hard song to sing with distinction, yet she does it. The choral block of background voices is arresting, as are the swirling jangling guitar lines. And the backing track is so well played. What a rock-solid rhythm section--and I'm including Christine in that.

Even if the individual elements of the song draw on well-known features of pop and folk music, the combination of all the elements produces inimitable orchestral effects. The lushness of this song, in striking contrast to the rough, cacophonous tunes like "The Ledge" or "What Makes You Think You're the One," is one of the delights of Tusk. Almost half the songs on the album belong in an entirely different universe from the others. Meanwhile, a few of the songs--like "Think About Me" and "Angel" occupy the in-between spaces.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-15-2017 at 01:33 PM..