Thread: Mirage at 40
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Mirage is a great album! I love this article. Times were changing from rock to rock/pop. I don't think I would appreciate this album as much if not for the explosive tour, in terms of intensity and rawness. I actually like Mirage live cuts better than Tusk. They peaked in intensity at this juncture, in my opinion.

I can vividly remember the radio of Hold Me, Jack and Diane, Gypsy, Rosanna, Only The Lonely.... etc

I would actually get mad if MTV didn't play one of FM's 2 Mirage videos for too long of time. In 1983 when Stevie had Stand Back, I would throw in a blank VHS in the hopes of getting one of those videos recorded.
Ha ha. We were twins separated at birth. We lived in the sticks so we did not get MTV till 1987. I did the same thing with the VHS tape but it was for the Talk To Me video. Since we did not have MTV, I would watch Night Tracks on TBS. Remember TBS would air Night Tracks on Friday and Saturday night. It sort of was like MTV without the VeeJays. I would pop in a VHS tape and go to bed hoping through the night the video would come on. We had a primitive VCR and the remote control had a long wire connected to the VCR. In the morning I would sit on the couch with the long wire to the VCR and forward the tape along hoping I captured some Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks video

But nothing out did my waking up at 2 am to record the Mirage concert on HBO from with tape recorder. I held the tape recorder up to the TV speaker for the entire concert and still went to school the next day! This HBO feature presentation video gives me chills to this day. It still races my heart. I can actually hear the Chain starting after it plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY

Long live the 80s

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-16-2022 at 05:06 PM..