View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I’m pretty excited about the live version of Hold Me. Although Hold Me is one of those songs where the live version just does not measure up to the album version. Gypsy is another one of those songs. An example of a song that sounds equally amazing, maybe even better than its album counterpart, is Sara. I would love a live from 1982 Sara. We have a 1979 on the Live album already and a 1980 on Tusk deluxe. 1982 live Sara is my favorite version of Sara. They played it a little faster and Lindsey does a little slightly different guitar riff. It sounds so good. I recommend looking it up on YouTube.
Agree about Hold Me live but I am still thrilled to get a non-bootleg version from '82. I wonder if we'll have Lindsey's intro included..."this is a hell of a song!"

I have to disagree with Sara. Just my opinion of course, but I always felt those 1980 versions were perfection. The original from the Live album is awesome and I just adore the one on the Tusk Deluxe release. I thought it started to lose something with the sped up tempo on the '82 shows. It's not bad and it fits well with the show, I just prefer the Tusk era of Sara.