View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I'm glad it won but I dont like these award shows because the best stuff is always over looked. How Buck/Vie was not even nominated for best pop duo is a crime.
The orchestra is beautiful but it does not do the song justice. IMHO it strips the humanity and passion from the song. Maybe because I am used to it at a slower and passionate pace. It just does not fit the song but the orchestra is a fine piece. Another thing about awards shows that irks me is sometimes with the oscars, the role wins more than the actor or actress. There is always a sympathy factor when an artist passes away. I am not saying it did not deserve to win. I never heard the other artists in competition. I am glad it won. But IMHO it was a lost opportunity to really bring more emotion out in the song. Instead of highlighting the vocal, I feel the piece clashes with the vocal and I have played it many times. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-08-2023 at 04:09 PM..