View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Videodiscs had the video disc stored within a plastic container that the player removed and laserdisc in more like a record in a cardboard sleeve that you would put in the player yourself.

I believe your correct that RCA helped finance Mick's project and that's why it was probably exclusive to the videodisc format. I'm sure someone must have a rip of it though.

Someone should put the bug in Mick's ear that he could make money off it's re-release in the digital format and he would get it out. It could be sold along side Biddy's bloomers as a deluxe package deal.

This clip is pretty fun. Amazing how far technology has come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62Hk_tNssg
Thanks.

I DO remember that it was made because RCA needed material for the format. I remember going to a video store in high school where they had it, but I don't think I knew anyone that owned a player. That's where I bought Mirage on BETAMAX!

I really doubt that more than maybe 500 die hard fans would purchase it, so it probably wouldn't be worth the production costs.