Thread: RIP Eddy Q.
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

So sad. He winked at me during Christine's solo tour
He wrote some great songs with Chris and is inspiration for one of the best Mac songs ever... Nights in Estoril

Please don't everyone flame Christine for not posting to social media. She does not do that. People don't have to constantly wear their feelings publicly with the world.

From the web:

BLITZ - Eddy Quintela, the Portuguese from Fleetwood Mac, died

Songwriter, keyboardist and composer of Portuguese origin, Eddy Quintela was also the second husband of Christine McVie, a key element in the formation of Fleetwood Mac. For the North American band, Quintela composed with McVie numerous songs between the years 1987 and 1997 Among them is the hit "Little Lies" from the album Tango in the Night, released in 1987. The hit helped this LP to become the second best seller in Mac Fleetwood's entire career.

They divorced in 2003, but continued to collaborate on Christine McVie's solo album, published the following year. One of Eddy Quintela's themes for the American band, “Nights in Estoril”, alludes to the couple's passage in Portugal, where the musician established several connections, namely in the Cascais line, with Marita Leon (with whom he maintained a musical project in the decade 1990) and Fernando Cunha dos Delfins. The song would be published on Fleetwood Mac's Time album, which came out in 1995. In an interview with the British newspaper Guardian, McVie would say, however, "he was not happy in love".

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-17-2020 at 03:30 PM..