View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are a lot of hurt feelings from fans over what happened a few years ago, and I am one who is sitting here thinking, dammit. Now a final reunion with all 5 is never going to happen again. I think it was wishful thinking at this point especially after Chris has said in recent interviews that she may not want to go out on the road again.

As much as I want to hurl my anger towards Stevie and Lindsey (but mostly Stevie) who prevented an inevitable one-more-time reunion from happening, I think it's better to just remember the past for what it was.

I do hope, for Stevie and Lindsey's sake, that the passing of Chris is a wake-up call to them to figure out how they are going to mend their relationship with each other. Whether that chooses to play out on stage or behind the scenes, I think all the bitterness that has broiled between the two of them, and for all the fans who got caught up in it, needs to come to an end.

I think Stevie knows deep down that her final minutes and final chapter with the rest of the band would rather be on a happy note than a sour one, and I hope that she comes around to making amends with Lindsey again. I hope that they at least all go to Chris' funeral if she is having one, and at least be on speaking terms.

As for Chris, I'm glad that she had the opportunity to come back into the fold in 2014 and reignite her flame, be on tour, make music with Lindsey, and the Songbird orchestra version that just came out, I think it's safe to say she really lived a full circle of life and I'm going to celebrate what she has given to us all these years, and I think that's the best thing we can all do right now. Cherish what we all have for the music and the fandom that Christine has given us. Life is short, and it can't be all sour grapes.