Thread: 2008 Tour ????
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Have you been drinking again? What a load of crap.
come up with arguments dude. If you listen to all his demo's you'd understand what I mean. His guitarpatterns are mainly the start of his songs, his guitarparts are mainly his arrangementtools for the girlssongs, and his guitarideas propelled mainly his recovery after he left the band: If someone argues that his "newfound" rearrangement of Big Love hasn't been the start of composing songs like Red Rover, Say Goodbye and all those covers he recorded, you're stonedeaf. The fact that he mentions his own main contribution to FM being the arrangementskills on songs of others, doesn't argue the fact that 80 percent of it is based in layering guitars and vocals. I am NOT talking about excellent guitarskills to shine as a guitarist, i NEVER DID. I'm talking about playing guitar as his basic tool in writing, composing, arranging and even producing/recording: all of those techniques are based in figuring out how he could make his guitar sound different by playing with the recordings of guitarparts. That and fooling around with vocal-scapes are his main skills.

well, whatever. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who listens to the whole, and others just listen to the seperate parts and judge them seperately.

Guitarplayers listen to guitarplayers through their own filters and parameters. Lindsey Buckingham plays guitar to write and arrange songs, he doesn't write songs to play guitar. And THAT makes him an outstanding (litterally) guitarist in my book, whatever you all guitarpenetrators state against it.

PS: I apologise to all post-rumoursfans. This sh*t belongs in the LB-forum. But hey! I can't move it!

Last edited by shackin'up; 10-01-2007 at 05:20 PM..