View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
That is sooo funny, I almost swallowed my wine gum…
Its funny but not really funny. Poor Brett had to suffer her wrath because he did not throw himself on the altar of Stevie worship. Brett has performed with them since the Dance and was key when Chris left and also performed in their solo gigs. He gets the call to start rehearsal in Hawaii with the band. Stevie feels him out. Brett stays neutral and in his corner. But Brett did not bend to Stevie and tell her what she wanted to hear: Lindsey is a horrible person and you are the best Stevie! So Stevie's agent tells Mick that she wants Brett gone. Mick goes into his closet and finds his 1995 fax machine (the same one that he fired Bekka with) and someone tells Brett he is not needed.
Brett knew the songs already. Chris needed help on keyboard more than ever. Stevie has no right to tell Chris who should be backing her up on keyboards. She got to decide who plays guitar for Fleetwood Mac and Keyboards.
Its childish but really ruthless. This is exactly what Nellie Olson would do.
There is a Little House on the Prairie episode called "Music Box.' Its Nellie being the most nasty ever. So much so that actress Allison Arngrim went to the writers and producers of the show to express even she thought this was too far and mean even for her character Nellie.
In the episode Nellie is jealous of Laura's friendship with a stuttering girl. Nellie continuously teases and mocks the girl at school. Laura is the poor girl's only friend. One day Laura takes a music box from Nellie's room and accidently breaks it. Because its broken she is afraid to return it to Nellie. Nellie finds out that Laura broke the music box. But instead of telling Laura's parents, Nellie develops an evil plan. She blackmails Laura to start being mean to the stuttering girl. Even Laura's sister asks her why she is acting so mean lately. Poor Laura tosses and turns in bed having nightmares of the brutal stuff Nellie makes Laura do. But it gets worse. Nellie has a party and goes to the house of the stuttering girl to personally invite her. Her parents are suspicious because they know Nellie teases her. But the girl begs her parents to let her go. At the party Nellie brings out a book of tongue teasers and makes the girl to try and say them. All the girls laugh and the poor girl runs home humiliated again. Nellie was mean and vindicative and had a master plan of evil control.
So how could anyone say Stevie is not just like Nellie Olson. It makes me want to go buy a Nellie wig and sit in her front row.
Poor Brett was just like the stuttering girl. Come over Brett. We are in Hawaii practicing for a huge world tour. It will be fun and you will make lots of money.
Oh no you wont!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-03-2023 at 10:41 AM..