View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was just watching VH1's totally 80's show and little lies came on. I remember when the video was released and it was a big hit. I doubt they flew to England to film a video. The farm looks American and movie sets will always have classic cars. I think everyone looks really good in the video. Now they all look SO YOUNG.

But I disagree that the video makes no sense. The video makes total sense if you know what the song is about. Chris wrote the song about Lindsey. In an interview in 1987 she stated that she secretly knew Lindsey was going to leave the band but was staying on to finish the album. But Lindsey never was saying anything. It was her intuition. He never came out and said he was leaving but would drop little hints. So that became the little lies. " We are better off apart, lets give it a try." "Tell me tell me lies." "You cant disguise, no you cant disguise" So apparently during the tense Tango sessions in Lindsey's garage studio it was apparent to Chris that Lindsey's days were numbered. He never came out and said, I am leaving so he sort of told little lies about to continue working with the band. In Mick's book, Mick stated that Lindsey threw in his face that he did the album for him and did not need to tour to get him out of bankruptcy and he did his part with the album.
Now the video: The video is all about Lindsey. You see him walking away and then disappearing over and over. Every time Chris sings a verse the camera goes right to Lindsey. This video was his last official act with the band in 1987. Little Lies had just popped into the top 40 and this video released when it was announced that Lindsey left the band.
Not according to this quote. http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3978