View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, even Mick's first book she was forced:

Complicating matters slightly in the spring of 1987 was Stevie's admission to the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs to get her life under control. This was done through an "intervention" by friends, members of her family, and the management company. Stevie spent twenty-eight days in a successful treatment for alcohol problems, but she didn't like being coerced into entering this facility, and Frontline was fired shortly thereafter.
True but I don't need the book as a reminder. I remember it in real time. Notice it was 28 days. She was supposed to stay at least 30. I remember MTV clips like "Stevie runs away from rehab and is not talking to anyone". Indirectly this led to her klonopin addiction. Because she ditched rehab her friends and family became even more concerned thus requesting her see a doctor. When her tranquilizer addiction was full bloom no one dared say a word because of what happened the first time. Everyone was fired so they all became silent enablers.