View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes their talent is unmatched.

Its funny because Nu Shooz's I Cant Wait was on the charts the same time as Stevie's. How odd to have 2 songs with the same title on the charts. They were released almost the same week.
But wait, it gets even crazier:
The B side to Nu Shooz's I Cant Wait was "Make Up Your Mind"

You simply cant make this stuff up. Both songs had unique keyboard sound track too.

Which is all another brilliant reason the Ho Ho's put it in their set. BTW, the bad Stevie singing with the window frame is priceless.

I remember when J Geils' Band lead singer Peter Wolf went solo and his lead single was going to be Dancing in the Dark. Bruce had just released a song with that title and it was huge. So they changed the name to Lights Out. It still became a hit at #12.
It happened in the summer of 1979 when ABBA and Roxy Music both had singles titled Angeleyes out at the same time in the UK where both bands were huge in those times. The DJs ended up playing the other side of the ABBA single Voulez- Vous instead and both bands ended up with top 5 hits.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 11-23-2022 at 10:33 PM..