View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This thread made me check what Mick said in his first book about Penguin. Well actually it seems Bob and Chris said about this album:

Off the road in early 1973, we hired the Rolling Stones' mobile studio and brought it down to Hampshire so we could record our next album at home. The result was Penguin, an album that Bob Welch terms "obscure" and Christine describes as "weird." Halfway through Penguin, we started to wonder about our new singer, who was often drunk and disorderly around the studio. But Penguin had some bright spots. Chris's songs "Remember Me," "Dissatisfied," and "Did You Ever Love Me?" were solid, and Bob Welch's impressionist "Nightwatch" included Peter Green, who was persuaded to play some farecho guitar, albeit uncredited.

Does anybody agree with those terms?

And who is that "new" singer? I suppose Bob, but he had already been in Future Games and Bare Trees. After 2 years is he still "new"? Or am I missing something?
Dave Walker. I can't believe you didn't know that.