View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sir, that's not all I wrote about Rick. I praised him and said BTM should get a rerelease. I think Rick deserves more appreciation; he should've been hired for 2018.

Nothing can happen to John because he's the namesake of the band so not even worth bringing him up. Christine too...the 70s Halloween picture of her

I don't think there's hypocrisy in what Stevie did. I think it had to do with the pandemic, realizing she hasn't much time left to do albums so why not make bank. Also, I think she wanted seed money for her Rhiannon project.

I'm not offended, it's not all I wrote about Rick. Also, Mick didn't work with him from 2016 until 2020 because of his politics, Rick said that in his Peter Green death reaction interview.
Interesting. I had not read or heard that coming from Rick. Some speculated that Billy rehearsed with the band and was rejected thus Billy was spiteful with breaking the news Lindsey was fired (first) and not coming from the band.
If that is true, it would be odd to try out Billy and not bring Rick along.
But thats all speculation but circumstantial evidence. Also there could have been a dispute between Mick and Rick (like who does not have a dispute with Mick) and people always want to blame their politics as their reason. But who knows but that's interesting nonetheless.
Discussing politics is ok in this forum if its in the realm of discussing everything else with the band. For example, Stevie has done environmental concerts and preached Greenpeace at one time. Its political but its ok to discuss because its band related. Fleetwood Mac is like any other band or any other family for that matter. You have people on opposing sides of the political spectrum and those also in the middle. One of the funniest political moments in the band was during the Dance rehearsals the interviewer was talking about the Clinton inaugural and asked John and Chris if they would do anything like that for Tony Blair (Prime Minister at the time). Their reaction was priceless. You would have thought the interviewer stabbed them with a knife. Instead of just a brush off response.....they were very firm and with shocked faces stated they would never do anything for the labor party.
I admire Chris. She went on the record in 1995 stating she would have never voted for Bill Clinton yet honored he used their song. She also declined a White House invite in 2000. But she had a fear of flying so I doubt that was a political statement.
IMHO we are free to discuss the band's politics but we should NEVER attack each other for political beliefs. That's the difference. I have been threatened and told I was going to burn in hell by a member once.

IMHO what made the Eagles so great was their stark political divide yet they worked so well together until it blew up in the end. But the tension at that concert is what rock n roll is about.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-17-2021 at 12:30 PM..