View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Seven the Hard Way yielded the top 10 hits Sex as a Weapon and Invincible but no doubt the album was a failure but for different reasons. Pat had just had a baby and her contract was due another album and they threw something together. That is why its called Seven the hard way. Its her seventh album and it was very hard to put together with time constraints. Having said that she had 2 top hits from the album including the smash Invincible.
Pat NEVER changed her music or her style. Seven The Hard Way sold less than RAL and only went Gold which was a surprise since she was a platinum queen.
That was interesting about why she named her album Seven the Hard Way.

I have to disagree with you again though, Macfan4life- don’t think I’m picking on you because I’m not LOL but Pat DID change her music and style. She recorded a blues album, her album Gravity’s Rainbow sounded different from previous albums, and critics said her album Innamorata seemed inspired by Alanis Morrisette. Personally I am fine when artists change with the times, in fact that’s one way to continue to be relevant. Even though her later albums weren’t big hits, in some ways I think her material was better as she adapted to the new music trends.