View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think at the end of the day, Mick has always been willing to reconcile with Lindsey. It doesn't seem like grudges are held between the two for long periods of time. Despite all of Mick's spineless, passive-aggressive BS....there seems to be a consistent line of communication that comes back around, even after a period of estrangement. It's possible that Mick recognizes the history between them in a stronger way than some of the others in the band. Still, I'll always suspect Mick's actions with his financial agenda.

It's really sad that Mick and Christine couldn't show up with more principle and dignity with the 2018 situation (I expect nothing from John)
Yes to this. Lindsey has even mentioned it in interviews in later years-- that Mick manages to keep in touch with people, whereas he himself doesn't. Mick has a social gene that LB doesn't (or doesn't have in quite the same way). Mick likes and needs to be around people, and as you say he's able to keep lines of communication open even when there's estrangement or disagreement. It seems like LB has come to appreciate that aspect of Mick's personality.

But to Michele's point-- he def wants something. He knows Mick is the key to Stevie (recall how he got Mick onside when Stevie didn't want to tour around 2012 and let Mick voice all of that to the press). Mick is his key to revenge .... ie subverting Stevie's wishes and getting back in the band. She's one-up on him right now and he can't enjoy that. Maybe he didn't even see it coming, which makes it worse for him. He wants Mick to use his influence with Stevie re getting the 5 back together. That's my bet and I'm sticking to it.