Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Of course I’ll give you that hug. And you’re entitled to your opinion.

But there isn’t one Eagles lp (excepting their two Greatest Hits compilations) that I can listen to straight through without boredom being only intermittently abated by the occasional stand out track. Even when FM was a non-hits band in the early 70s, their albums possessed genuine character. And there is nothing in the Eagles catalog to match the inventive, creative statement of TUSK, nor the near-perfect balance of RUMOURS.

To paraphrase what Mick once said: When you think of Chicago or the Eagles, you think of cold professionals; When you think of the members of FM you think of individuals...
Thank you, Tony.

I love Hotel CA and The Long Run in their entirety. And I also agree that early ~non hit~ FM albums were much more cohesive than early Eagle's efforts. And Hotel CA was nearly perfect as well, just like Rumours.

Name me ANY other major artist that pulled a Tusk? "Hey, we just sold 20M...I think I'll beat on some Kleenex boxes in my bathroom". We know who to credit for that. The guy that Stevie got fired...
But Tusk was an attempt at career suicide.