View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no problem with Lindsey returning to FM, with or without Stevie. I kind of think that maybe Lindsey would rather have his songs on an album that sold well than became a cult favorite, you know what I mean? A Fleetwood Mac album will sell better than a Lindsey Buckingham record. And a Fleetwood Mac song may get more airplay than a Lindsey Buckingham song. Not a top ten hit, I mean FM will never get one of those again, but still get more airplay, which in theory would lead to more sales. Just a thought- so many people talk about Lindsey wanting to preserve the legacy of FM, but I’m sure he would like to preserve his own legacy as well, and maybe part of that is being able to embrace being a part of FM again, in some form. BTW, I know Buckingham/McVie sold pretty well and surprised a lot of folks in the industry, which was awesome. I still think it would have sold even more if it had been called a FM album, though. I really think just the name factor of FM sells records. And while I don’t think sales has ever been a driving force behind Lindsey’s work, don’t music artists ultimately want their work to be heard by as many people as possible? That’s not a bad thing to want.