View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Second this.

Buck Vie is the best we can hope for. It would be my preference, anyway. But Mick wants his $tevie money. He'll never be happy with making a few thousand a night.

I hope FM is DONE as a touring entity.
This is where selling his publishing rights comes in. He clearly states in that interview that it gave him the cash infusion he wants/needs, and now he doesn't have to hitch his financial future to Stevie's wagon. As he said, he got the money now while he's still alive, and having that money will enable him to do some things that as he put it would otherwise have to wait a few more years which I took to mean possibly another tour or two. I'm sure his restaurant has done nothing but hemorrhage money the whole pandemic, and tourism to Hawaii may not pick up to pre-covid levels for some time.

he did say whilst the money has relieved the need for big "two year tours" again, he wasn't opposed at all to doing festivals... indeed it sounds like that's how he foresees the rest of their time. He did still harbor a personal wish to get back with LB but as he said he's gotten boiled for that so......But, with his cash-out, doing other stuff with LB like a BuckVie2 could be far more possible.
Has John sold off any of his publishing rights?? If HE takes the big cash payout, forget seeing him again....