View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would never mess with Rumours and Oh Daddy is one of the best musical tracks since Why.
I like IDWTK and it fits fine. We have heard the flow a million times so we cant get it out of our heads.
If I went back in time and pretended all the songs were new, I am not sure I would have axed Silver Springs because of time limits. I dislike the rationalization that because it was performed on the Dance that it makes up for it being left off Rumours. That is a bridge too far for me. It still would have been a discovery for the casual fans. Silver Springs was so good that radio stations would play it many years before the Dance ever came out. I do realize that in 1976, the band really had no duds. Sleeping Angel could have been on Rumours too. That 1976 demo is incredible. What it highlights is how good Rumours is when Silver Springs and Sleeping Angel are your "left overs." Its like Gold and Braid being left off Bella Donna and one of the "left overs". Really.