View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold Me is fantastic! So happy to finally get a cleaned up live version of one of my favorite Mac songs.

I think the yeahhhhh's work on this song. One of the chief complaints I see on this board about the post-1982 live sound of this band is the band's insistence on sticking to studio arrangements, or as close to as possible. To me, that's what makes this one stick out - who knows what the reason was. Maybe they tried it and couldn't make it sound right with just the three voices. I know Chris did the drawn out meeee's on her solo tour and the 2017-19 versions did the same, but maybe it just didn't sound right in rehearsals with just the three of them. Either way, this is what I love about the old Mac. Each tour had a unique sound, and so many songs had unique arrangements that not only differed from their studio parent, but also in many cases from prior tours.

How did Hold Me go into hiding for so long? I don't understand how it didn't get played on the 1987-88 tour in particular, not to mention during The Dance or On With the Show tours.

Also, I just love Lindsey's love for this song before and after... and something about Chris's "thanks LB" at the very beginning just put a smile on my face.