View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I just don’t see Lindsey’s wanting to participate in this sort of thing, either, Jim. He has no emotional connection with those people — when they were in the band, he was out. He shares no band heritage with them. Nor has he ever been a big cheerleader for the band in all its permutations as a historical oddity or an example of continuity. For Lindsey, the achievement and the thing to celebrate (or patch up) is the Rumours Five and the work they did over the years. All his talk about cycles and nostalgia and final chapters are for them, not the others.
I'd think the closest Lindsey would ever come at this point to cheerleading the historical aspect of Fleetwood Mac would be to do Oh Well again. I know most people tend to hate his interpretation of it, but I think it works and he does a good job of it. And even that's a stretch - he's only done it on one tour since 1982.

Imagine Lindsey sitting there strumming along to Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', In the Back of My Mind, or Love is Dangerous? I just can't see it. Although after what went down, I'd never think I'd see the guy share a stage with Mick or Stevie again...so I guess if he'd consider that, maybe I'm wrong and he would be open to an all "star" version of the Mac.